How is it that Liberals almost always get their way? Even though what they want is almost always bad policy often leading to disastrous consequences.
We have seen this in virtually every major liberal policy in the last 100 years. For example, Johnson's war on poverty which created our current welfare state. The liberals at the time hailed the ensuing legislation as the pinnacle of human development but in reality it has literally destroyed the black community.
Most of us are rational human beings, able to look at both sides of an issue and make the right choice. So how is it that the libs get remarkably bad policy through congress? Well, if you think about it their MO has changed very little since Woodrow Wilson, and it goes something like this:
- Create a victim (blacks, illegal immigrants, college students w/o birth control, Gaia, etc.)
- Exaggerate the plight of the victim (Protests, get on friendly media, protests some more, etc.)
- Find a villain you can blame the plight of the victim on (Big Oil, big banks, big coal, rich, Koch Brothers, big insurance etc.)
- Demagogue the villain (Fat-cat bankers, fat-cat oil execs, fat-cat fill in the blank).
- Get your way!
- Rinse and repeat
- Got a victim? (Poor broke college student who can't afford to have sex) Check!
- Exaggerate the issue? ($3,000/year for condoms) Check!
- Got a villain? (Big bad insurance companies/Republicans) Check!
- Demagogue the villain? (Republicans WAGE WAR ON WOMAN'S HEALTH!) Big time check!
- Get your way? Well we'll see.
Now none of this would work if we had an electorate that paid attention. But unfortunately many of us non-liberals have jobs and kids and many other things to worry about other than what the next lame brained idea Pelosi and her pals are about to come up with. And if for no other reason this is why these folks have to go.
It's one thing to have a wild-ass idea, but another altogether when these idiots actually get in a position to make them policy.