The president said today that the jobs figure (88,000 added last month) is - "a step in the right direction." That's like an alcoholic saying - "I only had 5 scotches today as opposed to my usual 7."
Honestly, the White House should enroll in the 12 step (economic reality) program. And, being the good guy that I am I created for your reading pleasure the 12 step program for liberals who wish to end their addiction to stupidity:
- We, progressives, admit we are powerless over applying disastrous Keynesian economic models over and over again and expect the results to be different than the previous twenty times.
- We Came to believe that the power of the free market is greater than even Obama, and can restore economic sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Paul Ryan and the Tea Party.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and found ourselves in an echo chamber called MSNBC.
- Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our utter and total lack of economic literacy.
- Are entirely ready to have the Paul Ryan and Tea Party remove all these defects of our character.
- Humbly asked the Tea Party to make the government smaller and lower taxes.
- Made a list of all future generations that we have harmed through our incessant borrowing and spending, and became willing to make amends to them all by cutting spending and shrinking government.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible by promising never - ever - ever to spout Keynesian nonsense and bogus social justice claims ever again.
- Continue to take personal inventory and not yell RACIST every time we are confronted with irrefutable facts.
- Sought through meditation to improve our conscious contact with The Tea Party, looking only for knowledge so that we have the power to understand that borrowing money and raising taxes will not get us out of a recession.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, so that the next time some dimwitted liberal starts spouting about social justice and big government we will use a reasoned argument describing in detail why taking from half of the country and giving it to the other half is a recipe for economic disaster.